Period: 4 - 6 months
Remote Internship: Yes
Languages: English (Default), Dutch
CityHub is a lifestyle brand that is exploring the unchartered waters of the hospitality industry. We cater to the wishes and needs of this generation of curious and savvy nomads and make sure to always stay one step ahead. Serving up the best of both worlds: travellers experience the comfort of a hotel combined with the feeling of community and the affordability of a hostel. But that’s not all. CityHub integrates state-of-the-art technology and free WiFi-to-go with local superstars who connect travellers with the best the city has to offer. We open doors that have always been closed. We have hotels in Amsterdam and Rotterdam, Copenhagen is opening this summer, and we are working behind the scenes to conquer Europe. We are looking for an intern to assist our Hotel Manager with his daily operations, and handling all sales & group related matters in the meantime. What does it mean, to be our intern?
You will be part of the CityHub team in Amsterdam and working alongside the Hotel Manager to handle the day-to-day management with a focus on sales and groups. You will work mostly from CityHub Amsterdam but you can also be asked to join meetings at our HQ in Amsterdam. You are involved in welcoming and helping guests, companies and bookers both at the hotel and online while promoting CityHub’s values by example. The hotel is always evolving and you’ll have to as well, no two days are the same. You are the person we are looking for if you have a strong social personality and a problem-solving attitude.
This is what you’ll do:
- Assist the hotel manager in his day-to-day operations;
- About half of your time will be spent on hosting, helping out travellers and giving them the best experience possible in Amsterdam;
- Find and approach interesting companies to work with;
- Set up appointments for the Hotel Manager;
- Maintain existing partnerships and come up with new ideas;
- Receive and handle group requests;
- Assist with individual reservations where needed;
- Organize sales events and hotel tours;
- Contribute to the brand awareness of CityHub.
Next to all the things stated above, you are:
Available full time, for a minimum of 5 months (starting date is flexible);
- A student in hotel/event management or other related studies;
- Based in Amsterdam and you know the city very well;
- Fluent in Dutch and English, written and spoken (the more languages the better);
- Sales minded
- Creative and enthusiastic;
- Fun to work with :)
How’s working with us?
We said we are growing, we know, but we are still very young at heart and our start-up mindset will probably never abandon us. At CityHub the borders between departments are blurred, everybody is independent, but nobody works on their own island. We are involved to some extent in many things and everybody has opinions on stuff. If you join us, you’ll get all the basics: an intern remuneration, an inhouse workplace, the tools of the trade and the chance to learn. Next to that you’ll have nice colleagues, an informal and fun working environment where your voice will always be heard. You will be invited to goodbye drinks and housewarming pancake nights, to work retreats in sunny places and highly competitive petanque games. We offer you a challenging position where you have the support to grow with us and the chance to experience a start-up working environment. Apply!
Is it you we are looking for? We can’t wait to meet you. Send your CV and motivation letter.