Period: 1 - 3 months
Remote Internship: Yes
Languages: English (Default)
Internship for an ambitious and competent Native Speaker of English at Herning Gymnasium Herning Gymnasium is happy to offer an internship for an ambitious and competent native speaker of English in the school. A native speaker of English is a permanent resident and/or citizen of The United Kingdom, The United States of America, Canada, South Africa, Australia, and New Zealand. If you consider yourself a native speaker of English and are not a permanent resident and/or citizen of one of the above countries, you are still welcome to apply. Apart from looking for a native speaker, we are also looking for someone who is currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree of Education or any similar degree.
- The internship is to have a duration of one week and is unpaid. You are welcome to suggest a week that is suitable for you as long as that week is not one of the school holidays in Denmark.
- A generous accommodation package is offered with accommodation in a recently renovated and fully furnished house adjacent to the school.
- A Letter of Recommendation will be provided once the internship is completed.
- The role that the native speaker of English will assume is that of a teacher’s assistant. Your role will then be to plan lessons or parts of lessons and teach those lessons in collaboration with the students’ English teacher.
- The focus in your lessons will be on hands-on written and oral proficiency of English in a communicatively meaningful context.
- The most meaningful context will be you teaching the students about your native country, including but not limited to its geography, its culture and specific traits of English as used in your native country.
- Your approach to teaching our students should be a positive and encouraging one in which your ambition is to understand each individual student’s needs and strengths.
Applicants are asked to submit their applications consisting of a cover letter, a resume, and relevant diplomas and letters of recommendation compiled into one single PDF.