We are actively looking for a strategic thinking, and highly driven Funding and Market Intelligence Manager to identify the best strategies through Market Intelligence/Research and implement funding opportunities to accelerate our R&D.
What you'll be doing:
- Develop market research materials, identifying appropriate and best practice methods to support and drive business decisions;
- Plan, coordinate and monitor assigned R&D projects according to project requirements and statement of work, drafting R&D plan, Funding Applications, project timeline, cost estimates, data quality control, analysis and reporting, and tracking project expenditures;
- Contribute to winning proposals for funding in collaboration with project partners and internal stakeholders.
- Manage technical project delivery in support of product development, including negotiating necessary changes to project scope, to maximize the relevance of project delivery.
- Manage and lead exploitation and dissemination opportunities, ensuring IP is secured.
- Support and educate the business in the analysis of performance metrics and how to understand trends. Provide feedback to relevant stakeholders & drive accountability to improve processes using a data-driven approach;
- Build competitor profiles and survey/analyze the market to better understand the organization’s position within this environment and ways in which we can improve our positioning
- Track the latest industry trends to aid in the development of the most worthwhile research channels and survey instruments to ensure optimal deliverables and results based on specified objectives
- Compile and analyze feedback and interpret data, converting said analysis into professional, well-designed, easy-to-digest and creatively presented reports with insightful key findings and actionable recommendations;
- Degree or equivalent in an engineering or related discipline with relevance to Sensei industry or technology;
- Significant experience of effectively running/delivering programmes of research/ innovation projects;
- Good knowledge of project management methods and techniques for planning, monitoring and controlling assignments; including managing complex multi-partner projects;
- Excellent communication (both written and oral) skills with the ability to produce precise, concise and accurate presentations and written to a wide range of audiences;
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analysis and problem-solving skills, including the ability to show initiative, cope with ambiguity and operate independently;
- An understanding of financial management practice;
- Up-to-date and broad-based knowledge of research/innovation, funding and impact in the research/portfolio;
- Knowledge of academic research and knowledge transfer practices, funding streams and motivations;
- Knowledge of the retail or Deep-Tech sector is desirable;
Benefits & Perks
We put all of our employees at very high standards, and we want you to be thoroughly rewarded for that. We believe in providing the best environment to allow you to do your best work, and we currently offer the following:
- Amazing personal growth experience - The rare chance of having decision ownership and direct impact on the growth of a venture-backed startup;
- Flexible working hours – as long as you get the work done;
- Ownership - This is the most exciting time to join Sensei, and you'll have direct input and influence on the direction we take;
- Motivating compensation – Competitive compensation package;
- Working with a motivated and talented team - A fun and supportive office environment working alongside some real experts;
- Impactful work – you'll have a rare opportunity to build a product literally used by millions of people across the world;
- A holiday allowance of 24 days per year, with the office;
- Top of the range equipment to help you do your job to the highest possible standard;
- Regular learning meetings as part of our growth-mindset culture;
Apply - please put the job title in the subject of the email and write us why you are a fit to work at Sensei. Join us, and you'll have a meaningful role in the next evolution of the shopping experience.